On May 6th, Dodgeville United Methodist Church will participate in a community event along with other churches and civic organizations called “Love Dodgeville.” This is the Third Annual Love Dodgeville event, and folks have the opportunity to participate in several different community service and improvement projects.
“Every spring Blackhawk Church chooses a Sunday to cancel services at all of our venues and go outside the walls of our buildings to serve together all over the greater Madison area. LOVE Madison is a practical way to live out our mission of building a community to reach a community. We want to connect with our Madison neighbors and actively show people the love of Jesus through our actions! Throughout the year, people from Blackhawk Church are serving all over our community. But on this day, we want to serve our communities on a grander scale by engaging the entire Blackhawk community in projects all over the Madison area.”
We don’t cancel our church service, we do set aside a Sunday afternoon for these different projects. Curious to know what you could participate in?
- Clean-Up for Governor Dodge State Park
- Dodgeville Elementary School Beautification Project (This sounds awesome!)
- Clean-Up of Bike/Hike/Run Trail from Dodgeville to Mineral Point (This will be my third year doing this one!)
- Preparing the “Community Garden” — This garden is located next to Culver’s and the harvest from the garden goes to the Iowa County Food Pantry.
- Arboretum Project — Located across from Dodgeville High School, this project involving removing dead tree limbs, raking, cutting dead shrubs/trees, and branch removal
- May Baskets for Upland Hills Residents and Patients — This will involve the preparation of the baskets, in addition to handing out the baskets and spending time with residents
- Cookies! — You can bake cookies to provide a pick-me-up for afternoon volunteers
If you are interested in participating in Love Dodgeville, we have sign-up sheets at the Information Table of Dodgeville UMC. Otherwise, you can also call our church office: (608) 935-5451 or contact Pastor Jim from the contact page.
This is a wonderful event for our community, and it offers us a way to be the hands and feet of Jesus Christ in our community. We can also hopefully assume that the snow will be done by then. 😉